I know, I know, it’s been a while. And you’re all dying to know: did I get my dress done?
Well. Yes. And no.
It’s wearable. And it’s taken a while to get to this point. But let’s start at the beginning, recap for those of you just joining us.
I started my dress the weekend of March 3rd, with the goal of having the bodice done that weekend. Happily, I exceeded my goal and I had the skirt cut out and ready to go too.
The following weekend I put it all together and made it wearable, i.e. put a zipper in it. I let it sit for a few days, trying it on just about every day to tweak something or the other. I had some help 🙂
After all the tweaking the critics/fashion advisers (my mom and sisters) didn’t like it. Honestly, I didn’t like it either. I felt short and dumpy in it. NOT the feeling I was looking for for my wedding dress. So, I took it apart, discarded the skirt, and started the skirt over again. I still love the bodice (and I don’t have the fabric to remake that). Some trial and error, a broken zipper, and a weekend later and my dress was done! Almost…
My fashion advisers say it needs a belt. I agree with them. They also reminded me that I always dreamed of having buttons down the back of my dress, and I agree with them too. So I’ve ordered buttons, googled ruching, and hopefully by the end of this month, my dress will be good to go. Which is really good because this is one of my last calm weekends before the craziness of the next four months hits. I’d like to get this done so I can move on to
worrying taking care of all the other details for the wedding.